Monday, April 13, 2009

Doctor Visit #2

Today we went for our second doctor visit. We got to hear the baby's heart beat. A great 157, I might add. It's amazing. Some times I don't think its really happening. I am now 12 weeks and 6 days. I am almost at the end of my first trimester and am blessed that I have had none of the 'typical' pregnancy symptoms, no morning sickness (I think that Jeff took care of that while he was sick), no cravings, no real food aversions. I am truly blessed. I have been eating more and slightly more tired but nothing a power nap in the afternoon can't fix. I do have to keep something in my stomach all the time but that is not that hard. I am even proud to say that I did not gain any weight through the first 13 weeks. I really don't want to gain 30 or 40 pounds. Did you know that you only need about 300 extra daily calories? I have not been counting or anything like that, just being smart about what I do eat. I was on WeightWatchers before getting pregnant, and doing well. Over the last year I have learned to eat healthy, with the right portion sizes and the right proportions of food. That I have just carried that on and I think, no know, that is what has helped me the most. I am looking forward to the rest of this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment